Monday, February 24, 2014

Man's helper

Many women say “heck no, I won’t submit!”  To that I say, “to each her own.”  For me, it has become what has drawn me both closer to my husband and into a more intimate relationship with Christ. It is an incredibly beautiful thing and has given me a marriage I always dreamed possible.

As a woman, I have questioned my purpose many times in the past.  Wondered why I was here.  I wandered around aimlessly searching for just who it was God wanted me to be.  My husband became my reminder.I was created to be my husband’s helper, his soul mate.  It is one of my many purposes. God made me a wife to a wonderful man.  

In this modern world in which we live, this truth is not a favorable truth to hear.  Our culture makes this role out to be weak and even demeaning but I have learned that there is power in this role and power in knowing just who I am in Christ.  On top of it all, there is also incredible satisfaction in fulfilling the role that God created for me because being my husband’s helper is a blessing.

Embracing your purpose might be hard but I promise you that your marriage will blossom as you recognize the importance of your role in the life of your husband. Ask God for wisdom as you seek to be the helper, the partner for your husband that you were created to be.

“Then the Lord God said, “it is not good for the man to be alone.  I will make a helper who is just right for him.”

Genesis 2:18

No comments:

Post a Comment