Thursday, March 19, 2015

With Love, The Adulterous Woman


Not many will understand or may have experienced the certain pain which comes from the betrayal left behind by those we once loved as they walked away.  


For me, the wounds created began with the title, adulterer.  Stories were told while the people in my life clutched hold of gossip and walked away.  I patiently waited.


Rumors spread like wildfire.  Whispers full of judgement and raised eyebrows brought pain that couldn’t be ignored.  I patiently waited.


The echos of the world yelled fight back.  
God said, "Be still."  

My children cried at the cruelty caused by ignorance.  I patiently prayed.  

From court hearings where lies were spoken, to documents where history was rewritten, the fire grew tall and the smoke suffocatingly thick.  I patiently waited.


Friend you know the pain.  You’ve sat in that same cold courtroom listening to the words of betrayal. The feelings of darkness and isolation pulsating from the other side leave you bewildered and questioning your own sanity. You know the dark filled lonely nights full of tears crying out to God for His rescue.  You too have heard Him say, “Be still and wait.”


Waiting.  The hardest part of waiting when you have been trampled on, talked about, lied about, and labeled, becomes that of waiting. The longer you wait, you begin to believe the lies. The longer you wait, you begin to accept the titles. For me, my title became the adulterous woman.  But God.


Through all the name calling and shunning, I found something.  I found a love like no other. In the midst of pain, I became desperate.  A mighty thirst for genuine community grew deep within my heart.  I wanted to know the love and loyalty of a true friend. I prayed and patiently waited.


Suddenly, a door opened and a glorious light shined into my loneliness.  As He walked through the door, Jesus wiped away every tear and began mending my broken heart.  As He wrapped me in His arms, enormous love and kindness filled His eyes as He said, "You are MINE."


This man began picking up every piece of my broken heart and meticulously worked them into something new.  As He worked, He spoke to my broken heart.  "You are my beloved child."  

How had I forgotten?  


For the first time in too many years, my heart began to beat again as the healing words of His truth and love were spoken into my life. His presence and peace overwhelmed me. He cast aside those “names” given by others and replaced them with "Daughter of The One True King." 


You see it is easy to be defined by the words of others.  It is easy to fall prey to the attacks of the enemy as he works to discourage and torment leaving us to forget our true identity.  

It is easy to forget that sin is sin.  Gossip, lies and betrayal. No one is without sin and no amount of “good works” makes us any better than another. The enemy points to our sin and calls us failure but Jesus redeems and calls us His own.


So from one sinner to another and from one who has been redeemed and restored, take the childish playground name calling and untold truths in stride. Don’t allow it to define you.  Remember who you are and to Whom you belong.  He knows every heart and every thought.  He knows what has happened behind closed doors.  He knows every ounce of pain and every tear that has fallen. He will rectify all the wrong that has been done.  He makes all things new because His mercies are new every morning.  


Wait patiently and trust His timing.  Allow Him to fight for you because in the end, I can promise you, He will give back to you all that was taken and so much more.  When we walk with Him and choose good over evil, we win! Just have faith my sweet friend <3


With Love,

a Daughter of the One True King




“The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”


Exodus 14:14

No comments:

Post a Comment