Sunday, October 6, 2013

I need your help!

I need your help.  Today I am asking a huge favor of those who have found themselves reading this post. I totally believe you are not here by accident.  I believe that Someone brought you to this post for a reason.  Because of this, I need to ask something of you.


Five years ago, I began writing.  I did not know the purpose or reason at the time but God did.  God knew what was ahead of me.  He knew where my life was headed.  He knew the storm that was approaching and He began preparing me for the now road ahead.  I feel He has given me a purpose and a place to share His love and grace with those who need to hear.  He has given me a heart that longs to help women who are suffering from the loss of their marriage and struggling to find their identity.  He is now giving me the opportunity to be for others what I did not have.

If you have never dealt with divorce, it is hard to understand all the emotions involved and even harder to relate.  There is so much pain, feelings of loneliness, hopelessness, feelings of betrayal, fear and hurt that all never seems to end.  It is incredibly lonely. For me, with the exception of my parents and siblings as well a dear friend who lived two minutes from my home, I was alone. My church, my closest friends and my extended family abandoned me.  At a time when I needed love and support, there was none. It was not only lonely but also truly scary.  At a time in my life when I needed people there for me, they were nowhere to be found. I have encountered many others whose experience was much the same as mine.  Now that I have experienced this kind of pain and am aware how much it happens, I want to help make a difference in the lives of hurting women.  I want them to know that they are not alone.

Right now as you are reading this post, someone’s name has probably come to mind. Someone you know who is dealing with a struggling marriage or divorce.  It is not hard to think of someone. It is happening everywhere. With that said, here is where I need your help.  I am asking you for four things:

  1. I would like to ask for the names of those hurting that God has brought to mind.  Whether by email or Facebook, will you please send me the names of those women in your life who are struggling right now?  Maybe you do not know all the details and that is ok. I do not need details.  Knowing that they are struggling is enough.  It will only take a minute of your time to simply send me their name.  I want to begin praying for them.  I want to pray for their family. Women and their children (even the husband) who are dealing with this battle need to be covered in prayer. These families need to be loved on and shown that they are not alone.  It is a simple request.  Can you help me?
  2. I would like to ask that you give them my name, my email and number. Help me connect with these women.  I do not care where they live. I do not care what happened that brought them to this place.   I just want them to know they have an advocate, a friend.  Someone who will be a listening ear.  Someone who will pray with them.
  3. I would like to ask that you pass along this posting.  Repost to your Facebook, Twitter or forward on in an email to those you know.  Help me get the message out so we can begin praying.  Help me make a difference in the lives of those you know.  Let us be His hands and feet together.
  4. I would also like to ask that you pray for my husband and me.  For some time now, God has placed on my heart the desire to begin a ministry for women.  I do not know what that looks like or where it will begin but I know God is big and has already worked out all of the details.  We are now waiting for Him to lead us in the direction we are to go.   I am asking for your prayers.  Prayers for wisdom as to what steps we are to take next.  Pray that we will make ourselves completely available for whatever the mission ahead.  Also, pray for our family as God leads us into this next journey. 

There is so much hurting in our world.  So many people left without hope.  People need to know there is a mighty God who loves them and longs to walk with them through the darkest storms in their lives.  We need to be the light.  We need to be on mission.  Help me take the first steps in making a difference.  You can send your names to my email alignwithhim@gmail.com or through a Facebook message at nhamil75@facebook.com

Thank you in advance for your help.  I truly hope and pray that you will take a second to help me make a difference in this dark world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment