Saturday, January 12, 2013

Running Scared



Even when the way goes through
    Death Valley,
I’m not afraid
    when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd’s crook
    makes me feel secure.
You serve me a six-course dinner
    right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
    my cup brims with blessing.

Your beauty and love chase after me
    every day of my life.
I’m back home in the house of God
    for the rest of my life.


Psalm 23:4-6 The Message



The enemy is running scared.  He is attempting to dodge the darts of consequences that will come. After a year of trusting and waiting, not always patiently, God answered a prayer.  

This time last year so many things in life were up in the air.  The new year began with such uncertainty.  There were many unanswered questions.  From the outside looking in it appeared that darkness had won and the enemy took the final victory.  I will admit that at times, I felt that way but my support system was strong.  I had the constant reminder that God is in control and that He had/has a plan.   

This time last year, I specifically asked God for something.  I needed something.  From my standpoint, it was not something I could accomplish on my own as I did not have the authority or the knowledge to know how to make it happen and so I prayed.

Long story short, without the use of manipulation or lying, my prayer was answered this week.  I waited an entire year for the Lord to answer my prayer.  I trusted His sovereign hand and instead of using my own method, which truthfully would have required some form of finagling the system, I waited and He answered

Sitting back now as I have read my writings over the past year; it is incredible to see how God has moved in my life.  He has provided some unbelievable things.  He has removed some much-needed things and people from my life.  He has sustained me and been my strength through troubling times.  He never left my side.  It has been an amazing journey. 

My dad said it best…the enemy is running scared.  My grandmother‘s words were, you do not continue to do wrong without having to face the consequences.  The hole is only getting bigger and the best part is that I have done nothing to dig the hole for the enemy.  I have trusted God completely.  I have patiently waited on His hand to move.  The story has been written and it is finished.  In the end, everything will be ok. 

My faith is growing. What used to be worry and fear in my life has now turned into joy from learning how to trust my Heavenly Father.  His ways are so much greater and far better than ours are.  Allowing Him to move instead of manipulating and lying to get our way, we reap the abundance of His blessings and live a life full of joy and contentment.  

God IS good ALL the time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment