Monday, December 31, 2012

Saying goodbye....is never an easy thing


and saying goodbye to 2012 will be difficult.  For me, 2012 was an amazing year of growing in my faith and discovering relationships that have changed my life. I will now attempt to sum up the most important lessons I learned in 2012 through some of my favorite picture quotes..  

Here goes…



 One of the hardest things to do is to hand over all the broken pieces of your heart.  Even to God.  When you've been hurt it is hard to trust anyone including Him.  I learned though that NO ONE can fix and mend the broken things in life the way in which He does.  He truly makes all things new and SO much better!!





Letting it go.  WOW.  Letting go of the anger, the fear, the hurt, the hatred and the pain are hard things to do.  It took time and A LOT of prayer but giving it all to God has given my heart room to heal and the ability to pray and love those who have caused my children and me so much pain.  I am so much happier now that I have let it all go and given it to the ONLY One who can truly fix it!







So you pretty much have to lose it all in order to gain the best God has for us.  To truly understand what really matters and what true love looks like, He sometimes has to take things away so that we can focus our attention back on Him.  It is only then that our faith will really soar.  God knew what He was doing even when I doubted Him and felt like I had nothing.  He had great plans for me the entire time.






This is the best lesson yet!  I would have never imagined that my story would have led to the place I find myself today.  God truly knows how to surprise us with blessings that are disguised in ways that we could have never imagined.  I am in awe daily of His incredible goodness! There is nothing like finding yourself in the middle of His will and not your own!







Another important lesson I learned was to keep fighting.  When things seemed bleak and the world became dark, I found the strength to fight because of the love and grace of my Father!  There is no room for giving up when God is on your side.  

"So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn’t hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn’t gladly and freely do for us?"
Romans 8:31-32 The Message







And last but definitely not least, when God is the center of our lives, our marriages and our homes everything truly will fall into place. 
It is amazing!

Goodbye 2012!  It has been an awesome journey but I cannot wait to see what extraordinary things await us in 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment