Thursday, December 6, 2012

Our Vows: Part 1

Matthew and I chose to write our vows to one another.  Neither knew what the other had written until we shared our vows before family and close friends as we made a commitment to one another before the Lord.  It is important to us that those who are a part of our lives know the commitment we have made and help to encourage and support us throughout our marriage.  

These are Matthew's vows to me on December 1, 2012:


Nicole my love, my life, my bride,

You have allowed me to know and experience love the way love was designed to be experienced, both in loving you and in being loved by you.  You are, and you will always be my best friend, my one true love, and the desire of my heart.  You continue to make me happier than I could have ever imagined.  I vow myself to you as your husband, your best friend, and your partner for life. 

I promise to love you unconditionally and unselfishly, the way that Christ loves His church.  I will be honest, kind, patient, and forgiving.  I  promise to lead our family in grace and faith, doing everything I can to build our life together on the rock that is Jesus.

I will treat you with the highest honor and in a way that is fitting for the princess that you are.  You deserve to be loved and honored perfectly.  You deserve to be adored and made over every day, and I will never get over that I get to be the one to honor you, cherish you, pray for you, make over you, and show you just how special and beautiful you truly are.

I promise to love you in such a way where I tell you and show you that there is no one more loved than you. I promise that you will see my love lived out as much or more as you hear it spoken, and that I will never let a day go by without you knowing how much I love you.  I don't why God has smiled on me in giving me you,  but I promise to never take you or your love for granted. 

No matter what life throws at us, together we will conquer it. I will hold you in silence when silence is what you need; give you space when space is what you need; cry with you, laugh with you, and be your rock and your support.  Through sweet times and hard times, through happiness and sorrow, through everything we face I promise to love you in such a way that my love and our home will be a safe haven for you.

You have opened my eyes and life to a love that, until you, I did not believe existed in real life.  Everything that is me was yours long before this day, and will be yours long after.  I promise to always give myself to you wholly and completely.  I promise you my heart and soul, my friendship and trust, and my unconditional love.  I give to you all that I am.  This I promise you forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment