Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Child of God

And a sermon shared by our pastor not too long ago,  he spoke about being a child of God and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. What he had to say gave me much to process as clearly there is so much more to being a child of God.

My husband and I began a new Bible study on God‘s love and the lesson for the past couple days has been on the Holy Spirit. Being a child of God is so much more than a simple prayer. It’s a daily surrender to follow Jesus and allowing the Holy Spirit to work in our life. But today’s lesson and the verses that follow really made an impact on the way in which I view my own walk and the way in which I need to take my head knowledge and allow it to absorb into my heart.

We can know a lot about God, the Bible and faith but that knowledge means nothing if we are not living out truth and walking in faith. Denying the Holy Spirit to live through us but instead attempting to live in our own strength will not get us very far. I have so much more to learn and so much more growing to do. I’m so thankful for the way in which the Holy Spirit continues to tenderly show me new things. So thankful for His unending mercies that are new every day.

“The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
    His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
    his mercies begin afresh each morning.”

Lamentations 3:22-23

“And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.”

John 14:16-17

“But people who aren’t spiritual[a] can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.”

1 Corinthians 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment