Thursday, January 25, 2018

The Stranger and A Soulmate

Last night I left the house to pick up my son from work with tears streaming down my face and sobs drowning out the sound of the radio. I was just tired. Tired of life. Tired of pain. Tired of the ongoing frustrations and disappointments that continue to come that can't be controled. 

As I pulled up to a stop light, I could barely contain the flood of tears. I put my head down on the steering wheel and waited for the light to turn green. A few minutes later,  as I pulled up in front of the movie theater to pick up my son, I was startled when I heard a tap at my window. I turned to find a woman staring at me.  

As I rolled down the window,  she looked at me and asked if I was okay and if there was anything she could do for me. I had no clue where she had come from but I looked at her and said no but thank you. I explained to her that life is simply hard at the moment. That there's really not much that can be done other than simply taking one step at a time. She in turn looked at me and said, "just know that you are loved and I will be praying for you." With that she walked away. 

I don't know who she was or if I will ever see her again on this side of Heaven, but in that moment I was convinced that she was a Divine appointment. A moment of God making Himself known and reminding me that I'm never alone.

My husband and I have been reading through the book, Facing the Giants by Max Lucado and just yesterday the chapter we read was on Jonathan and David. It talked about the idea of a soulmate and the way God provided us a soulmate through Jesus. That He's always there for us, will never disappoint or hurt us but will love us and walk with us through the most difficult times. 

I couldn't help but think that maybe that woman was a reminder that no matter how hard life is Jesus is always right there.  And that even in the midst of tremendous hurt or trials He is still there creating something good for His glory in the most beautiful of ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment