Friday, June 6, 2014

Refreshed!

Just spent the morning with a friend having coffee which I never do.  I am one of those who prefers time to myself. But during our coffee date,  I was so incredibly blessed and realized that “me” time is not always the best time.  


Now this coffee date had a bit of help as God had to do the nudging to bring us together but we followed through and took the steps to meet.  And WOW!  Just wow!  I have spent weeks feeling flooded by stress and the daily drama of life but this morning, I was refreshed and renewed.  Our time together was like a tall glass of cold water. It was just what I needed.  It was what He knew I needed.  Three hours of honesty, transparency and encouragement along with a ton of laughter left me looking forward to a second coffee date next week.  


God created us with the need for fellowship. Not just fellowship with Him but with one another too as we were not designed to be alone. He created us to have an intimate relationship with Him first and foremost, through Christ. But we are also called to have that same relationship with others. He places special people in our lives, people with similar interests, passions and visions to encourage and to help grow our faith.  It is amazing what happens when you step out of your comfort zone (for me, my safe box) and go where He tells you to go.



Let us consider how to inspire each other to greater love and to righteous deeds,  not forgetting to gather as a community, as some have forgotten, but encouraging each other, especially as the day of His return approaches.

Hebrews 10:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment