Monday, January 6, 2014

Duck Dynasty

I do not nor have I ever watched Duck Dynasty.  Truthfully, I probably never will.  I have nothing against the show.  It just does not appeal to me...at all.  I am not looking for a debate. I do not want to hear reasons why I should watch or continue not to watch the show because that is not what this posting is about at all.

With that said...

I was sitting at home the other day flipping through stations on TV when I came across a movie.  I stopped and watched for a minute.  In a matter of minutes I heard God's name taken in vain several times, saw a teenager killed not to mention doing drugs and two unmarried people in bed together.  Suddenly I sat thinking, "what in the world is wrong with people?"  A man shares a biblical principle from the Bible (A book that is the top seller of all times according to Guinness) and is removed from his TV show for speaking what he believes?  Really?  So in our country it is ok for people to sit in front of their televisions and watch children have sex, do drugs, sell drugs, prostitute themselves, murder people and so on and so on but a man cannot speak his mind in regards to something in which he believes.  Not only that but flip through the radio stations and you will hear profanity, violence, racism and hatred in the various lyrics our children listen to but nothing is said about that. All of those things are acceptable but someone speaking their opinion is not? I just do not get it. I do not understand the double standard or lack of morality.  Understand that I am not defending Phil.  I am only trying to make sense of the double standard. 

I guess this is the world in which we now live.  To me I see it as greater evidence that Jesus is coming back a lot sooner than we realize.  I guess it's time to get our game faces on and start sharing the good news a lot faster than we are because our “entertainment" is only going to get worse as times goes on.

It's time to be a light in this dark world.

"Put your trust in the light while there is still time; then you will become the children of light."
John 12:36


Special thanks to Downton Abbey for making me realize how out of control our world has become :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment