Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Another day of court...


Yesterday I decided I would clean out my closet.  While going through the clutter, I found a green notebook.  It appeared to be brand new and unused.  I LOVE new notebooks.  It means a clean place to begin writing.  I sat down on my bed and was pleasantly surprised when I found my own handwriting on the first page.  What I found written was dated July 19, 2012.  In parenthesis, I had written the word court.  I checked my calendar.  Sure enough, I was in court on July 19, 2012.  What I found I had written reminded me of God’s amazing faithfulness and His love for me.  Little did I know what God had planned for me that day.  The following are the things exactly as they were written in my notebook while sitting in a freezing cold courtroom on a Thursday morning in July.

In this life, a lot of time is spent waiting.  Waiting on people, waiting on things, waiting on answers.  God calls us to wait.  He asks that we be still before Him trusting Him in every circumstance for His plan to unfold. He has this awesome story written out that we have the amazing privilege of being a small part in.  We choose whether we will play the role of the antagonist or that of the protagonist in His story.  Will we live our lives in a way that brings Him glory?
Daily choices are placed before us that cause us to decide whether we will respond in a righteous way or a self-serving way.  Those choices must be met with aligned hearts.  Hearts that yearn to be obedient to the One in which we serve.  Our choices must come from a place of selflessness if we are going to choose to honor God.  We are commanded to love one another and to forgive and when we live a life that is reflective of that lifestyle, our choices are ones that are selfless.
In life, our obstacles and trials often come because of the choices of others.  We live in a world full of sin and because of that sin, bad choices are made and people are hurt.
Be courageous! Be brave! Be bold! Be strong! Stand firm on His Truth! Rest in His promises! I place my feet on solid ground because of His Truth….
                              ….I won’t shift with feelings
                              …I won’t drown in a sea of tears
                              …He won’t leave me when my cries don’t sound so Christian

Job 17:11- acknowledge hurt
               My days have passed, my plans are shattered and so are the desires of my heart.
Nahum 1:7- recall the beauty of trusting Him
               The Lord is good, a refuge in [times] of [trouble].  HE cares for those who trust in Him.
Proverbs 19:20-21- Nothing I go through is pointless.  Even when I’m hurting, God has a plan.
               Listen to advice and accept instruction and in the end you will be wise.  Many are the plans in a man’s heart but it is the [Lord’s] [purpose] that [prevails!!!]
Isaiah 55:9b-I don’t have to have the answers.  I choose to trust.
               (God’s) [My] [ways] are [higher] than your [ways] and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Psalm 37:3-4- Only God knows the desires of my heart
               Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

God is good!!! He cares for me even in times of trouble and so I trust Him in all things.  God has a purpose for everything and His plan will always prevail!!!!!  God’s ways are so much greater than my own and so I choose to trust even when I don’t have the answers and things don’t make sense.  When I trust Him and choose to do good, He will give me the desires of my heart.  God is faithful to His promises!!!

Today as I sit and reread what I wrote last July, I am in awe of God’s goodness and faithfulness.  Little did I know that when sitting in that courtroom that within a month I would be engaged.  That in five months I would be married and that in seven months my children would be with me again.  I had no clue the plans that God had for me but I knew that I trusted Him completely and took Him at His word.  I have not always gotten it right or made the best choices but God has known my heart all along and has made a way.  I am truly blessed beyond words and have been given the desires that my heart for so many years has longed for.  GOD YOU ARE AMAZING!  Take Him at His word!  He is Faithful to His promises!!!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. How cool to see your faith written out before the blessings began flow. The faith you've shown through your trials has been so inspiring to so many. So happy to see you happy.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete